50th Birthday Party Ideas for Man
Magician for 50th Birthday Party
Steve had a Casino themed birthday party and whilst some guests enjoyed blackjack and roulette inside I was outside in the garden entertaining with my close up magic.
50th Birthday Party Ideas for Woman at home
Luxury 50th Birthday Party Ideas
What to do for 50th Birthday Party Woman
Looking for 50th Birthday Party ideas?
Why not hire a Close up Magician?
My name is Roger Lapin, I am a professional Close up Magician and if you are looking for ideas for a perfect 50th birthday party, a Magician is a great idea. It is one of those occasions where you push the boat out and want to do something big and amaze all your friends and family, and what better way to do it than to hire a Magician. ideas for 50th birthday.
50 years is a long time and if you are turning 50 you will want to mark the event with a big party! Why not celebrate in style by booking a close up magician.
To see the kind of magic I perform take a look at the video above, and if you like what you see and would like to hire me for your 50th Birthday Party just click on the request quote button at the top or just call me. I am based in Hampshire but travel all over the country performing my magic.
One of the busiest places is London and I am regularly performing at house parties and 50th birthday parties in Greater London. So if you are looking for a London Magician for Hire. Choose someone who is a member of the magic circle and has over 20 years experience, guaranteed to deliver an amazing performance.
If your 50th birthday party is for 10 guests or 200 as a close up magician I can perform my mix and mingle magic to all your guests and I can blend into the crowd and you will hear the gasps of amazement coming from around the room.
50 years old party ideas?
Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas UK
As a local Magician I am available to hire as a Hampshire Magician – Berkshire Magician & Dorset Magician or a Magician Surrey if your 50th birthday is further afield from me, (I am a Close up Magician based near Southampton )
I am also available as a London Magician
Something that is becoming very popular is for me to arrive as a guest and make small talk for 15 minutes and then to start doing a few tricks, it is fascinating talking to people who have no clue who you are but are too polite to say “I have never met you in my life how do you know David?”
I have performed at many 50th birthday parties and have seen numerous types of entertainment, so if a Magician is not your cup of tea give me a call anyway I can suggest many other 50th Birthday Party Ideas.
Fondue Extravaganza: A Unique 50th Celebration
Fondue: The Ultimate Party Treat
Fondue, originating from the French word “fondre,” which means to melt, is much more than just melted cheese or chocolate in a pot. It’s an experience, a social gathering around bubbling pots, and a culinary delight that sparks joy, conversation, and unity among guests. In many ways, the humble fondue is the quintessential party treat, blending gastronomy with tradition, creating an atmosphere that is both relaxed and engaging.
A Taste of Tradition
The origins of fondue can be traced back to Switzerland in the 18th century. Alpine villagers, isolated during the harsh winter months, had to rely on available local ingredients like cheese, wine, and bread. Melting the aged cheese with wine and garlic produced a hearty and delicious meal, best shared with the community. It wasn’t just about sustenance; it was about camaraderie, and this sense of shared experience is what makes fondue so perfect for parties even today.
Interactive Dining Experience
One of the standout features of fondue is the interactive dining experience it provides. Unlike traditional meals where dishes are prepared and served by one person, fondue encourages everyone to take part. Each guest dips and swirls their choice of bread, vegetables, or fruits into the pot, creating their unique bite every time. This interactivity leads to laughter, playful disputes over “double-dipping,” and the shared joy of discovering the perfect combination of dip and dippable.
Versatility at Its Best
The beauty of fondue is its adaptability. While cheese fondue, with its rich and gooey delight, is a favorite, there’s also chocolate fondue, which turns desserts into a heavenly experience. Dipping strawberries, marshmallows, or banana slices into molten chocolate becomes an adventure in flavor. And it’s not just limited to these; broth fondues where pieces of meat are cooked in flavorful liquids, or oil fondues for deep frying are also beloved variants. The possibilities with fondue are endless, allowing hosts to customize according to the preferences of their guests.
A Convivial Atmosphere
The fondue pot’s central position on the table symbolizes unity. People lean in, engage in conversations, and relish the communal pot’s offerings. The process is slow and considered, providing ample time for discussion and laughter. It’s a rare culinary experience that slows down time, allowing guests to savor both the food and the company.
Easy Preparation and Cleanup
For the host, fondue is a blessing in disguise. Preparation primarily involves melting and combining ingredients, leaving more time to engage with guests. The central pot means fewer dishes and a simplified cleanup process. So, while the guests are entertained with the dipping and tasting, the host can also join in the fun without the usual stress of party management.
Fondue has stood the test of time, evolving from a necessity in the Swiss Alps to a beloved treat for gatherings worldwide. Its essence lies in its simplicity and the shared experience it offers. In an era where individual plates and personal servings are the norms, fondue harks back to a time of community and shared sustenance. As a party treat, it not only satisfies the palate but also warms the heart, making it a timeless choice for those looking to add a touch of tradition, fun, and flavour to their celebrations.
Champagne Cheese Fondue for a 50th Birthday Party
- 200g Gruyère cheese, grated
- 200g Emmental cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 cup (240 ml) dry champagne (You can use a 50th-year vintage for added significance!)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp kirsch (cherry brandy)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- For dipping: Cubed French bread, blanched vegetables (like broccoli, asparagus, or bell peppers), apple slices, and whatever else you desire.
- Prepare the Cheese: Grate the Gruyère and Emmental cheeses and set them aside.
- Garlic for Flavor: Rub the inside of a fondue pot with the cut sides of the garlic clove. This gives a gentle aroma and flavor without overpowering.
- Add the Champagne: Pour the champagne and lemon juice into the pot and gently heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Melt the Cheese: Gradually stir the cheese into the pot. Keep stirring for a smooth and melted mixture.
- Thicken the Mixture: In a separate small bowl, blend the cornstarch smoothly with the kirsch to make a slurry. Pour this into the cheese mixture and continue to cook gently until the fondue begins to thicken.
- Season: Add freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg, and stir.
- Serve: Once the fondue is thick and smooth, move the pot to a lit burner on the table. Keep the flame low to ensure the cheese remains melted and warm.
- Dip & Enjoy: Use long forks to dip bread cubes, blanched vegetables, and apple slices into the cheese. Swirl, enjoy, and celebrate!
Serving Tips: Pair this Champagne Cheese Fondue with a bottle of the same champagne used in the recipe. It provides continuity in taste and adds a bubbly touch to the celebration.
This Champagne Cheese Fondue offers a mature, sophisticated taste suitable for a 50th birthday party. It celebrates the milestone with a touch of luxury and class. Cheers to the golden jubilee!
Dinner at Home: A Cozy 50th Birthday Celebration
Decorate with the Happy Birthday Banner
Tailgate-Themed: A Sporty 50th Birthday Bash
Country-Themed: Dance into Your 50th
Custom Newspaper Birthday Gift: Reminisce the Past 50 Years
Garden Party: A Casual 50th Get-Together
Night Out at Favourite Restaurant: A Culinary 50th Feast
Camping Adventures: A Rustic 50th Birthday
Take your closest friends and spend a night in the forest, light a camp fire and toast marshmallows
Halloween-Themed: A Spooky 50th Bash
Award Winning Ideas for a Memorable 50th Party
Halloween Themed 50th Birthday Party
50th Birthday Cake Recipe
If you are looking for dinner party entertainment ideas, a photo booth is a ok, but a Magician is so much better!
I still think a Magician is the best form of entertainment if you are looking for house party entertainment ideas.
Few more ideas
- Hire a live band or DJ to play music from the era of the person’s youth.
- Rent a photo booth and create a themed background and props.
- Have a caricaturist or portrait artist create keepsake drawings of guests.
- Organize a murder mystery dinner party.
- Hire a magician or illusionist to perform a magic show.
- Rent a mechanical bull or other fun party equipment.
- Plan a wine or whiskey tasting event.
- Have a comedian or improv troupe perform a show.
- Organize a game night with a variety of board games and card games.
- Plan an escape room experience for guests to solve puzzles and clues together.