Are you planning a big event? A Wedding, Golden Wedding Anniversary, Private Party or Corporate Event? Do you want to hire a Magician but not sure where to start?
In this post I am going to give you some tips!
Hi, I’m Roger Lapin a Close up Magician based in Hampshire and available to hire across the UK
If you just want to hire a Close up Magician now, you can get a quick availability check from myself here
If you just want to know how much to hire a Magician check out:
How much does it cost to hire a Magician?
Hire a Magician near me
The first thing you will want to do is find a local Magician. Whilst there are 100’s of Magicians across the UK it does not make sense to book a Magician who lives 300 miles from you and then has to travel for hours and most likely charge you travel expenses, when there could be a very good magician who lives just up the road!
So most people jump on Google and search for “Hire a Magician near me” or “Magicians near me”
This will bring you up a list of a lot of information.
The first section are Ads These are Magicians who have paid Google for a listing at the top and whilst they could be near you, typically they will be targeting a very large area.
The next section are the Google Maps – these are local listings of Magicians who are close to you based on the proximity of your device.
If you are looking for a local Magician this is the place to look.
As an example if you google Magicians in Hampshire, you will see as I am based in Hampshire I come to the top of the listing.
- Determine the type of event you are planning and the purpose of hiring a magician. This will help you narrow down your search and find a magician who specializes in the type of performance you need.
- Create a budget for the magician’s fee and any additional expenses, such as travel and accommodation costs.
- Search for magicians in your area and make a list of potential candidates. Look for reviews and testimonials from past clients to get an idea of the magician’s quality and style.
- Contact the magicians on your list and ask for a quote for their services. Make sure to discuss any specific requests or requirements you have for the performance.
- Compare the quotes and review the magicians’ websites and social media profiles to get a sense of their style and personality. Choose the magician who best fits your event and budget.
- Request a contract from the magician and review it carefully. Make sure to clarify any details or questions you have before signing.
- Confirm the date, time, location, and any other details with the magician in advance of the event.
- Communicate with the magician leading up to the event to ensure that everything is running smoothly and to make any necessary changes or adjustments.
- Leave a review for the magician after the event to help other event planners in the future.
The final place to find a Magician is in the Organic listings, these are websites that have very topical relevance to the search you are doing and Google has decided that they are the best result for your search
From the search Hampshire Magician you can see again I come to the top of this search.
So this is how you find a Magician, how do you hire one?
Simple, click on the website and watch their showreel video and first decide if you like their performance style, how they dress etc.
If it’s all good then send them a message asking if they are available on your date and they will typically respond in a few hours with a yes or no and a price.
Hire a Magician for a Birthday Party
This is not the only way to hire a Magician, if you are planning a Birthday party 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th,80th 90th and I have even done a 100th birthday party and are looking for a Magician you could also just ask friends and family for a recommendation.
Perfect if you want to hire a Magician in Surrey for Private Parties
Hire Magician for Adults
If you are planning a party for adults and are looking for a Magician a lot of people start looking for Magicians and end up finding magicians for children’s party. Now whilst these are great guys, their show is aimed purely for children.
Make sure you do not search for magician for childrens party!
Magician for Hire London
Whilst I am based in Hampshire I do get a lot of enquiries for Magician Hire in London, with a population of over 9 million people there are going to be lots of weddings & parties!
If you want to hire a Magician London I perform there about 3-4 times a month and would love to be a part of your event.
How to Hire a Magician for a Wedding
One of the most popular events I am now being hired for is performing my close up magic at a wedding reception.
Check out my wedding packages below
Magician Hire FAQ
This depends on where and when your event is and how many guests you are expecting? Typical costs range between £250-£550 for 2 hours of magic.
As above, depends on where and when the event is and how many guests you are expecting, typical pricing ranges from £250-£550 for 2 hours of magic.
A Magician is the perfect entertainment for events where lots of guests will be mingling or during a drinks reception or a wedding. A magician will bring a fun, relaxing atmosphere your guests will be talking about for years to come. Most say they only thought Magic could be seen on TV and that it was all camera tricks!
At a typical party be it a Birthday Party, Golden Wedding Anniversary Party, Garden Party or House Party a Magician will mingle between small groups of guests performing amazing close up magic tricks, they can also perform a cabaret show to the entire group.
So, if you are looking to hire a Magician for a party, wedding or corporate event the process is very simple, ask some friends, do a few google searches, check out any local magicians, make contact, negotiate a price and have some amazing entertainment at your event.