How to learn real magic!
Magic is a performing art where the performer (Magician) convinces the audience that he can perform amazing feats making objects disappear or change etc. This usually involves the use of playing cards, coins, rubber bands and everyday objects.
There is nothing paranormal or supernatural about magic tricks, it is purely mis-direction.
In the dictionary, the definition of a Magician is an entertainer who is skilled in producing illusions by sleight of hand and deceptive devices.
How to learn real magic (not tricks)
If you want to learn real magic (not tricks) this might be a challenge. What you can learn however is using tricks to be able to appear to be able to perform real magic. A really good trick performed well could be perceived as real magic.
Tips for learning magic tricks
The best advice I can give for learning magic tricks is to pick one or two tricks and just learn them really well and then perform them as much as you can to friends, family and then go out to the public. Performing magic for somebody you do not know is the ultimate test of your skills as a Magician.
- Start with one trick that you want to master, this could be a simple card trick or coin trick.
- Practice, practice some more and then practice some more.
- Learn about your performance skills, remember performing magic is a performance art and you cannot just stand there and do the trick, you have to perform the trick and “be the Magician”
- Use every opportunity you can to perform your trick. If you are at school or in a bar or on the bus, just ask someone if you can show them a trick. Performing for somebody you do not know makes you really focus and you can ask them for honest feedback where friends or family may be polite to you.
- Overcome your fear, if you are nervous about performing or speaking to people Magic is a great way to overcome that fear and gain confidence, the more you perform the greater your confidence will be.
- Discover your persona, don’t try an copy other Magicians. By all means watch other Magicians performing on YouTube or in real life and take elements of their performance that you like. You have to decide if you want to be a serious / mysterious magician or a funny / comedy magician. There are so many different genres and performance style of magic, take your time to discover what works best for you.
If you want to know more about how to learn Magic all I can say is just find a trick and practice it until you can do it with your eyes closed!